MS. MANILA CARVALHO
Principal, Delhi Public School Bangalore East
Work Experience : 29 Years
Achivements : Green Activities
1.Eco School Club
5.Go Green Campaign
6.Rain Water Harvesting
7.Conserve My Planet
8.E Waste Management & Save Paper
1. International School Award(ISA) presented by British Council.
2. Educational Excellence Award 2014 – SilverZone Olympiads.
3. Digital School Learning Award 2014-2015.
4. Educational Today - Top 20 CBSE Schools in India, 7th Rank in CBSE Schools in Bangalore
5. Educational Word – 7th Rank in Top 10 CBSE Schools in Bangalore
6.School hosted and co-ordinated in creating world record for “Brush Right Smile Bright” Campaign organized by KKECT and ‘My Dental Plan’ Emphasizing oral hygiene which had the gathering of 17,505 students from 20 schools.
7. Initiated Student Exchange Programme with Julius Etcher Gymnasium School, Germany
8. Have successfully managed inclusive education by providing opportunities for the children with hearing impaired, dyslexic, cerebral palsy, etc
9. Have been able to put in place the dream project of our School Management in providing free education to 85 students belonging to the weaker sections of the society Prerana Shiksha Kendra
10. National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) was successfully commenced in 2017-18
11. IGCSE curriculum was successfully introduced in the academic year 2017-18
Accolades : 1. Winner of Best Principal Award in Karnataka State category, instituted by Science Olympiad Foundation for the year 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2014.
2. Received CBSE Mentor Award 2014
3. Recipient of the Best Educationist award from Garden City College Bangalore in Association with Bangalore Mirror for 2013-14.
4. Best Principal award at the International Category by Science Olympiad Foundation 2013-14.
5. Received Educationist of the year award by Silver Zone 2014.
6. Received the Commemorative Citation of Honour for being a partner with Life Empowerment Award Expressions India.
7. Received ISA Award (International School’s Award) from the British Council
8. Received Award from the Governor of Karnataka for supporting the Blind Association.
9. Recipient of the Acharya Award instituted by SBSC Jain Vidyalaya & Lions Club of Chennai in recognition of my contributions in the field of education.
Vision : To provide leadership and inspiration for learning and human development in urban communities.
Our values define what is most important to us and gives purpose and direction. To be living out our purpose we need an existence that is in accordance with our values. Purpose calls forth passion, which is the driving force behind accomplishment.
My vision -To become a premier urban school of education recognized for its diversity, and known for excellence in teaching, learning and research.
I hope to help the students learn how to combat the negative feelings and stereotypes that plague our society. Rather, empowering them to see that they have the ability to be a great generation. My responsibility in their lives is to ensure that my students are getting the best education I can provide tapping into the resources of my school, parents and the broader community so that they can succeed in whatever area they choose.
This is my vision for education, my desire for students, and my one-degree to make a difference.
Pedagogy : Adopted over the years with collaborative learning and sharing sessions to bring the best in every child for holistic development.
# promote crossover learning
# Learning Through Argumentation
# Incidental and Context-Based Learning
# Computational Thinking and Learning By Doing Science
# Embodied Learning and Adaptive Teaching
# Analytics of Emotions
I am an Educationist because : An educator can impact the lives of many students in a positive way.
I do believe that education is a very important component to ensuring that a child is able to meet their full potential. I speak from my own personal experience that when one is educated fully, and has developed the knowledge, the confidence, and the capacity, one becomes simply unstoppable.
True education is the harmonious development of the physical, mental, moral, and social faculties, the four dimensions of life, for a life of dedicated service. Educators inspire to think, learn and grow.
Their burning desire to do the best for the student is their vision.
In the coming years, I see Indian Education at : Future Indian education will be exceptional and dynamic.
It is the responsibility of the educationists to build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students.
*Foster global citizenship.
*Focus will be on technical and professional education.
*Education will be based on society's requirements.
*A different kind and stature of Indian student will emerge by 2020.
You are an Epitome of Leadership : Is the art of giving people a platform for spreading ideas and work....
“LEADERS DON’T FORCE PEOPLE TO FOLLOW, THEY INVITE THEM ON A JOURNEY”
Leadership is not about personality; it’s about behaviour—an observable set of skills and abilities.
*They Model the Way.
*Inspire a Shared Vision.
*Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and last but certainly not least, they Encourage the Heart.
*They create opportunities for victory….
*Leaders passionately believe that they can make a difference. They envision the future….
Footprints / Legacy that you leave behind : In addition to being a part of the change, my hope is that my students remember me as the teacher who preached what she practiced and inspired them to do the same. Being responsibly fearless is so much of the battle.
Larger goal is all about assessment and the way students view themselves as learners.The system judges and labels students largely on their ability to comply and play the game of school and less so on the valuable skill acquisition we are tasked with inspiring kids to learn. Once this realization became evident, I choose to change. So, I invested my time in exploring alternative ways to make the learning environment better for my students. These new goals that extended way beyond my classroom have shaped the last few years of my teaching and changed the entire trajectory of my career.
I teach, I support my educators, I encourage change, I believe growth.